The Publishing Fund is closed until further notice and not currently accepting applications. The application will re-open once this type of funding is available. However, funding is still available through our publishing agreements. Please view our publishing agreements here or contact our open access team for more information.
Open access refers to free and instant unrestricted online access to research publications. Open access removes barriers to accessing research and ensures that your work reaches the widest possible audience, which increases the number of readers, citations, improves reproducibility and re-use of content.
We offer a broad variety of services to support global dissemination of and unrestricted access to Qatar-based research:
- Open access agreements with publishers so that Qatar-based researchers are not required to pay publishing fees
- Providing an article processing charge (APCs) fund to cover the cost of article processing charges in open access journals
- Supporting alternative open access business models, such as the Open Library of the Humanities, and international open access initiatives, such as INTACT’s OpenAPC project and Open Access 2020
- Running events and training sessions
- Developing the Library's digital repository to support a permanent archive of Qatar-based research
- Provide information and advise to researchers about open access publishing
- Journal in Directory of Open Access Journals
- We cover up to 2,000 USD
- Authors limited to 3 articles per year
from 18 institutions in Qatar