1. The Information We Collect and How We Use It
When you register for our library services, we need to know your name, passport or Qatar ID/Residency Permit number, email address, and telephone number. We gather this information to allow us to process your registration and provide our library services to you. We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us enhance the website and our services. We may provide such aggregate information to third parties, but these statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
The website is not intended for use by children under the age of 18 without the consent of their parent or guardian. We do not intentionally collect or use personal information relating to children.
2. Your Rights
Under the data privacy law of the State of Qatar (Law 13 of 2016), you have a number of important rights. In summary, those include the right to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency about how we use your personal information
- Require us to correct any mistakes in our information about you
- Require us to erase your personal information in certain situations
- Receive your personal information that you have provided to us, upon payment of a prescribed service fee
- Object at any time to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means that have a legal or similarly significant effect on you
- Object in certain situations to our continued processing of your personal information
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as instructed in “How to Contact the Library” below.
3. How We Protect Your Information
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent the loss or unauthorized access and use of your personal information. We limit access to your personal information to authorized users with a demonstrated need. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach, as required by law.
4. Your Consent
Throughout our website, we may link to other websites owned and operated by certain trusted third parties to make additional products and services available to you. These other third-party websites may also gather information about you in accordance with their own separate privacy policies. For privacy information relating to these other third-party websites, please consult their individual privacy policies as appropriate.
5. How to Contact the Library