To be one of the world's preeminent centers of learning, research and culture; a guardian of the region’s heritage; and an institution that promotes imagination, discovery and the nourishment of the human spirit.
The mission of Qatar National Library is to preserve the nation's and region's heritage and enable the people of Qatar to positively influence society by creating an exceptional environment for learning and discovery.
The Library will achieve its mission by creating and sustaining an intuitive and trusted information environment in a culturally and technologically exceptional setting and by developing innovative programs and services.
Qatar National Library supports the core values of librarianship as a profession to include:
- Openness and Transparency with all patrons and organizations we deal with, where privacy and confidentiality are observed.
- Education and Lifelong Learning, where we strive to offer services that facilitate equitable earning.
- Open Access, where we are committed to free, open, unrestricted access to our collections and services.
- Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, Respect and Fairness, where our patrons are valued regardless of race, color, sex, gender, religion, disability, age, genetic information, socioeconomic status, or national or ethnic origin, and where their opinions, needs and viewpoints are considered in every decision we make.
- Growth and Innovation, where we encourage creativity, continuous learning, experimentation and the generation of ideas.
- Stewardship of all the resources with which we have been entrusted and are accountable for, ensuring the proper use of state funds and the preservation of the nation’s heritage and intellectual output.
- Intellectual Freedom, where we are committed to facilitating the free exchange of information and ideas.