Become a Member
Any Qatari citizen or resident in the State of Qatar is entitled to obtain a membership card in the library for free. You will need to attach a copy of the Qatari ID / residence permit during the registration process. Your membership to the library is subject to the terms and conditions available for viewing here.
Any institution in Qatar with 10 or more staff members can apply for an institutional membership by filling out the Institutional Membership Form, signing it and sending it back to the Access Services department at [email protected] for activation. The institutional membership allows its members to borrow up to 20 books for 21 days, with two renewals.
Current Library Membership Benefits
As a Library member, you have free access to the Library’s online resources, which include 500,000 ebooks, periodicals, newspapers and other materials. You also may borrow books from the Library’s print collection, access the Heritage Library, and participate in all of the Library’s academic, educational and public programs and events.
By receiving a membership card, you agree to the following responsibilities:
- Accepting full responsibility for all activities and transactions relating to your card
- Reporting the loss of your membership card immediately to the library
- Failure to report the loss of a membership card does not relieve you of responsibility for transactions on the card
- Returning all materials borrowed by the due date
- Prompt payment of all charges and fees, if applicable
- Safekeeping of library materials—it is strictly prohibited to cut, tear, deface, mutilate or deliberately retain any library materials
- Acting immediately upon receiving recall and overdue notices. Members are blocked from borrowing any new materials until overdue items are returned, renewed, or replacement costs are assessed and fines are paid.
Your Library Account
Enter your barcode or Qatar ID and PIN without any space and press "Log In" to log into your account.
Manage Your Library Account
Your Library membership account will allow you to:
- Check your loans and due dates
- Check for any items you have requested
- Renew items
- View any fines, fees or blocks on your account
- Check your email notifications about your library account.
Modify Your PIN
- Choose “Modify PIN" on the left sidebar menu, below your account details.
- In the pop-up window, enter your old PIN once. Then enter a new PIN twice in the text boxes provided.
- The PIN must be at least four characters long and should contain a mix of letters and numerical characters.
- Click the ‘Submit’ button.
- You will see a screen that says “Your PIN has been modified.” This verifies that you have successfully modified your PIN, and you can close the window.
Forgot Your PIN?
Please write to [email protected] with your name and Qatar ID number to resend your PIN.
Renew Your Library Membership
Your membership with the Library expires with the expiration of your Qatari ID or Residency Permit. To keep your membership active, a copy of your renewed ID or Residency Permit is required. Kindly send an email to [email protected] with a scanned copy of your renewed document.
Loss of Membership Card
Please report the loss of your membership card to the Library by phone or in-person as soon as possible. You remain liable for all materials, fines and fees on your membership card until its loss is reported. You will also be charged QR 50 for getting your lost card replaced.
Contact the QNL User Services team:
Tel: +974 44546100
Email: [email protected]
Your Library membership and card are non-transferable. Books or materials cannot be checked out on someone else’s behalf, except under special conditions, which include permission of the Library and a letter from the original card owner.
Copyright and Other Responsibilities
- Follow our copyright policy
Contact the User Services Team
For more information or assistance, please contact the Library's User Services team by clicking here or call 44546100.