Become a Member
Any Qatari citizen or resident permit holder is eligible to receive a free library card. To become a QNL member, follow the simple steps below:
18 years of age and above
- Fill in the online registration form.
- An auto-generated barcode number will be given to you.
- Send a copy of your valid Qatari ID/RP (both sides) to ([email protected]).
- Your Barcode and PIN number will be sent to your registered email.
- Visit the User Services Desk at the Library along with your valid Qatari ID/RP to receive your library membership card.
Children and Teens (0-17 years of age)
- Fill in the online registration form.
- Fill in the Terms and Conditions Form as a parent or legal guardian, print it and sign it.
- Scan a copy of the signed Terms and Conditions Form and your child’s valid Qatari ID/RP (both sides) or passport and send them to ([email protected]), or bring these documents along with you when you visit the User Services Desk at the Library to receive your child’s library card.
All QNL members can currently have free 24x7 access to the Library’s online resources, which include 500,000 e-books, periodicals, newspapers and other materials. When the Library opens, QNL members will have the privilege of borrowing books from the Library’s print collection, as well as access the Special and Heritage Collections.
QNL membership also allows you to participate in all QNL academic, educational and public programs and services.
All QNL registered members can upgrade their membership and apply for a QNL card. The Library card allows you to borrow books and benefit from other library services.
Visit the User Services Desk in the Library and show your valid Qatari ID/Residence Permit used for the registration online.
- A member of the staff will issue you a library card.
You need to come in person to receive your library card.
Before receiving the QNL membership card, the applicant must agree to these responsibilities:
- Accepting full responsibility for all activities and transactions relating to that card
Reporting the loss of the membership card immediately to the library
Failure to report the loss of a membership card does not relieve the member of the responsibilities of all transactions on the card
Returning all materials borrowed by the due date
Prompt payment of all charges and fees, if applicable
Safekeeping of library materials—it is strictly prohibited to cut, tear, deface, mutilate or deliberately retain any library materials
Acting immediately upon receiving recall and overdue notices. Members are blocked from borrowing any new materials until overdue items are returned, renewed, or replacement costs are assessed and fines are paid
Enter your barcode or Qatar ID and PIN without any space and press "Submit" to log into your account.
Manage Your Library Account
Your QNL membership account will allow you to:
- Check your loans (including Interlibrary Loan items) and due dates.
- Check for any items requested by you.
- Renew items (except for Interlibrary Loan Items).
- View requests placed and awaiting pickup.
- View any fines, fees or blocks on your account.
- Check your email notifications about your library account.
Modify Your PIN
- Choose “Modify PIN" on the left sidebar menu, below your account details.
- In the pop-up window, enter your old PIN once. Then enter a new PIN twice in the text boxes provided.
- The PIN must be at least four characters long and should contain a mix of letters and numerical characters.
- Click the ‘Submit’ button.
- Next, you get a screen that says "Your PIN has been modified". This means that you have successfully modified your PIN, so you can close that window.
Forgot Your PIN?
Please write to [email protected] with your details to resend your PIN.
Please report the loss of your library card to the Qatar National Library by phone or in person as soon as possible. You’re liable for all materials, fines and fees checked out on your library card until its loss is reported.
You can get your lost library card replaced for free the first time you lose it. However, you will be charged QR 25 for a second time replacement and QR 50 for a third time replacement.
Contact the QNL User Services team:
Tel: +974 44546100
Email: [email protected]
Qatar National Library membership and card are non-transferable. Books or materials cannot be checked out on someone else’s behalf except under special conditions, which include permission of the Librarian and a letter from the original card owner.