The Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery Service (ILL/DDS) at Qatar National Library (QNL) provides you with materials in an electronic or print format that are not available in QNL resources and collections. If after searching the QNL Catalog and Online Resources you could not find the material you are looking for, you may use the Document Delivery Service Form.
Individual QNL members are eligible to request materials through DDS.
Materials that can be requested
- Articles from Journals (typically, no more than two articles from a single issue of a periodical or journal)
- Book chapters or sections (typically, no more than two chapters or 10% from a single book (whichever is less) can be delivered)
- Conference proceedings
Materials not eligible for request
- Books (note: QNL ILL service is not open yet)
- Library use only (Reference) materials
- Photocopying is not part of the service
Submitting a request
- With detailed bibliographic information including article title, journal or book title, author’s name, publisher’s name, year of publication and ISBN/ISNN. All DDS requests should be submitted through the DDS Online Form.
- We do not accept DDS requests by phone or e-mail.
For the time being, the DDS is free of charge for all QNL members.
Processing any DDS material, in general, takes 2 to 3 working days from the time of request till delivery. Each request is processed case by case and some might take a longer time with delay at the suppliers’ end or because of standard mail delivery delay.
The requested material is sent to the requester via e-mail.
DDS follows Qatar Copyright Law and the IFLA “International Resource Sharing and Document Delivery: Principles and Guidelines for Procedure”. Requesters of DDS must obey the copyright law in Qatar and any obligations imposed by the supplying library. The supplied documents shall not be used for commercial purposes. They can only be used for private study, scholarship, or research. In particular, the requester is not allowed to sell or distribute the document to others.