Qatar National Library welcomes individuals and institutions wishing to film and photograph inside its premises. Library visitors using the following equipment must have prior approval from the Library’s Communications department:
- DSLR camera with tripod
- DSLR camera with stabilizers
- Professional camcorder
- Aerial filming with drones or cranes
- Other equipment such as microphones, tripods, lights, reflectors, backdrops, etc.
Parties who wish to undertake photography and/or videography outside the Library premises, and its exteriors, are kindly requested to go through the following steps to secure related approvals:
- Request and obtain the permission of Qatar Foundation Communications Directorate for filming and photography. To lodge a request for permission, interested parties should visit: http://www.qf.org.qa/film
- After securing Qatar Foundation’s approval, the requesting party should complete the Library’s filming and photography permission form.
Guidelines, Terms and Conditions
- Notice Period: If the Library will be used only as a location for filming, two weeks’ notice is required; if special arrangements are requested from the Library, at least one month’s notice is required.
- The Library reserves the right to decline any request.
- Photography/filming may only take place during the Library’s working hours (7:30 am – 3:30 pm).
- The requesting party must provide accurate and full information when submitting the photography/filming request.
- Photography/filming of visitors, students, teachers, or staff will require the requesting party to obtain written consent from each individual.
- Consent forms from individuals being photographed/filmed must be shared with the Library’s Communications team through [email protected].
- Crew members of the requesting party are not allowed to move library books without informing the Library’s Communications representative.
- Any damage caused to the Library’s facilities as a result of filming will be the responsibility of the requesting party, who will be liable for any resulting costs.
- The Library is not responsible for the content of videos filmed on its premises.
All crew members must have a valid Qatar ID, or passport and should match that given in the online form.
All crew members should check-in from the Library’s loading bay, register with the security desk and receive their temporary filming and photography passes. The passes should be handed back at the security desk in the loading bay upon exiting the premises.
- All equipment needs to be brought in from the Library’s loading bay.
- Equipment will be checked on the day of the shoot to ensure that all items correspond with the provided list. Please upload a list of all the equipment you will be using at the Library, including cameras, lighting (include type and wattage), and additional equipment (tripods, weights, etc.), as well as their serial numbers.
- All requests, whether logistical or technical, should be channeled through the Library’s Communications’ representative on the day of the filming.
All fields marked with asterisk(*) are madatory.