We’re happy to announce that the Library will reopen to the public (both members and non-members) from Wednesday, 15 July, with limited services, hours and capacity. We will post updates here, so please make sure you check this page regularly.
Because your safety and the safety of our staff is our top priority, we will be reopening with measures in place to help reduce the risk of COVID-19. These precautions are in line with the recommendations from the Qatar Ministry of Public Health and the World Health Organization.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Visits will be by appointment only during one of two daily slots (9:00 – 11:00 AM or 12:00 – 2:00 PM), Sunday through Thursday. The Library will be closed on weekends.
- Book your visit only through our online form here.
- Only 100 people will be allowed in the building during each time slot
- To check out books, you must submit a hold request in advance, as the shelving tiers are closed. Librarians will prepare the books for you to pick up. Submit your book hold and Library visit request here.
- Only patrons with a green status on the Ehteraz app will be allowed access. Your temperature will also be checked at entry.
- You are required to wear a face mask or shield at all times.
- Only patrons ages 13 to 60 are permitted entry.
- DVDs, CDs, iPads, headphones, chargers or other items will not be available.
- Observe social distancing guidelines at all times.
- Social gatherings of more than 5 people are strictly restricted in the Library and will be monitored by our security.
- Individual study carrels and computer stations are open and may be used on a first-come, first-use basis, with only one user inside each study carrel.
- The restaurant and café are closed; only the vending machines in the Quiet Study Area will be available.
- Borrowed items will still be automatically renewed until further notice. However, you can return borrowed items, if you wish to, at any time (24/7) using our Drive-Thru Book Return Station in front of the building or the bins that are available at the Library's main entrance for this purpose.
- Photocopying and printing machines are available to users who already have their own printing cards. The Library will not sell printing cards at this time.
Have more questions? Read our FAQs here.