We’ve opened more services and booking days for you, as part of our reopening plan!
Because your safety and the safety of our staff is our top priority, we are reopening with measures in place to help reduce the risk of COVID-19. These precautions are in line with the recommendations from the Qatar Ministry of Public Health and the World Health Organization.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Visits will continue by appointment only. Click here to book your visit.
- Only 200 people will be allowed in the building during each time slot (8:00 to 10:00 AM, 10:30 AM to 2:30 PM, and 3:30 to 8:00 PM), from Saturday to Thursday. The Library will remain closed on Fridays. updated
- Book your visit only through our online form here.
- To check out books, you must submit a hold request in advance, as the shelving tiers are closed. Librarians will prepare the books for you to pick up. Submit your book hold and Library visit request here.
- Only patrons with a green status on the Ehteraz app will be allowed access. Your temperature will also be checked at entry.
- You are required to wear a face mask at all times.
- Only patrons ages 13 to 60 are permitted entry. People over the age of 60 will be allowed into the Library only if at least one week has passed since they took their second dose of the vaccine. updated
- DVDs, CDs, iPads, headphones, chargers or other items will not be available.
- Observe social distancing guidelines at all times.
- Social gatherings of more than 10 people are strictly restricted in the Library and will be monitored by our security. updated
- Individual study carrels and computer stations are open and may be used on a first-come, first-use basis, with only one user inside each study carrel.
- Patrons can return the items manual at the bin installed in front of the Library anytime without the need of any appointment, or at the User Services Desk. updated
- Photocopying and printing machines are available to users who already have their own printing cards. The Library will not sell printing cards at this time.
- The Children's Library and the Young Adults' Area will remain closed until further notice. New
- The Library's restaurant and Safahat café are now open with a dine-in of capacity 15%. New
Have more questions? Read our FAQs here.