Because your safety and the safety of our staff is our top priority, we are reopening with measures in place to help reduce the risk of COVID-19. These precautions are in line with the recommendations from the Qatar Ministry of Public Health and the World Health Organization.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Visits will continue by appointment only.
- Children’s Library is for 0 – 12 years old, while Young Adults Library is for 13 – 17 years old.
- Starting 1 September , the Children’s Library is open with 3 time slots: 8:00 – 10:00 AM, 10:30 AM – 2:30 PM and 3:30 – 6:30 PM.
- Children are not allowed to enter the building unless they have a booking in advance to visit the children’s library. Therefore, children cannot enter the Library using their parents booking.
- For everyone's safety, everyone over age 12 must wear a mask at all times.
- Only 750 people will be allowed in the building during each time slot (8:00 to 10:00 AM, 10:30 AM to 2:30 PM, and 3:30 to 8:00 PM), from Saturday to Thursday. The Library will be closed on Fridays.
- Book your visit only through this link on our website.
- Only patrons with a green status on the Ehteraz app will be allowed access. Your temperature will also be checked at entry.
- You are required to wear a face mask at all times.
- People over the age of 60 will be allowed into the Library only if they have the gold frame on their Ehteraz app.
- DVDs, CDs, iPads, headphones, chargers or other items will not be available.
- Observe social distancing guidelines at all times.
- Social gatherings of more than 5 people are strictly not allowed in the Library and will be monitored by our security.
- Individual study carrels and computer stations are open and may be used on a first-come, first-use basis, with only one user inside each study carrel.
- Patrons can return the items manually at the bins installed at the main entrance of the Library anytime without the need of any appointment, or at the User Services Desk (with an appointment in this case, to be allowed into the building).
- Photocopying and printing machines are available to users who already have their own printing cards. The Library will not sell printing cards at this time.
- The Children’s Library is open with 3 time slots: 8:00 – 10:00 AM, 10:30 AM – 2:30 PM and 3:30 – 6:30 PM. The Young Adults' Area will also be accessible from 1 August. For everyone's safety, everyone over age 12 must wear a mask at all times.
- The Library's restaurant and Safahat café are open with a dine-in of capacity 15%.
Have more questions? Read our FAQs here.