Use of the study rooms at the Library is subject to the following terms and conditions, to which a user needs to agree by signing a form for this purpose before using one:
- Smoking is not permitted.
- Snacks and drinks are permitted, in accordance with the Library’s Code of Conduct.
- Be courteous to others and make sure the room is ready to use for the next visitor.
- Please report any broken equipment or furniture or heating and cooling issues to the User Services Desk. Please do not adjust thermostats in the rooms.
- Please talk quietly to avoid disturbing others. Rooms are not soundproof, and loud conversations can be heard in the main reading areas.
- Be sure to take all your personal belongings with you when you leave the room. The Library is not liable for the theft or loss of any personal items.
- Please note that you will be held responsible for any damage to equipment, furniture or the room itself during your reservation.
- Please vacate study rooms 15 minutes before the building closes.
- Please turn off lights and leave the door open when leaving the room so others will know the room is available for use.
- Rooms will be open at 8:00 AM and close by 8:00 PM.
- You are responsible for returning the key to the staff desk in the bridge area.
- You may be asked to leave the Library if any inappropriate behavior occurs. Failure to comply with this request will result in asking Library security to resolve the issue.
- The Library’s User Services staff reserves the right to enter all study rooms as needed.
- These regulations are subject to change. Their interpretation is at the discretion of the User Services staff.
Violations of Room Use Policies
Individuals or groups found to be in violation of the above policies may be asked to vacate the room. Repeated or serious violations may result in being temporarily or permanently blocked from booking the study rooms at the Library.